The energy that your body consumes during the day should be replenished systematically. So that you can cope with your daily routine. Either as a housewife mom or a working mom. It’s important to remind yourself, why you need to consume a sufficient amount of fluids daily. Fluids are valuable for life. Whether you drink them in the form of pure water or in the form of juices, they cover a wide range of activities in your life. They also satisfy your immediate needs. So, boost your energy with fluids and feel better!
Vicky Papavasiliou-Dietitian/Nutritionist says:
The importance of water
- The amount of water in your body is 75%. So to keep your body in a good shape you need to drink water regularly.
- Adults lose about 2-3.5 liters of water daily (and more if they exercise). Either through sweating or through urination.
- You can survive longer without food than without water.
- The right proportion of water is essential, for the function of every cell in your body.
- An adequate amount of water in one form or another is also necessary, in order to eliminate toxins from the skin, in the form of sweat and from the bladder when urinating. Also, to prevent bladder and kidney irritations.
- In case of a fever, vomit or other gastrointestinal problems, it’s necessary to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
In addition to plain water, there are many other pleasant ways to provide your body with adequate hydration. Juices and smoothies are rich in nutrients. Which strengthen the body, increasing its vitality and longevity. Also, the soothing effect of fluids during of intense stress, helps to calm the mind. It is very important for the body, to boost your energy with fluids regularly.
Make fresh juices your daily habit
- Juices made from fresh fruits and vegetables are the best sources of vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- In liquid form, these ingredients enter quickly into the bloodstream. That happens, because they don’t take long to break down in the digestive tract.
- Those who regularly drink fresh juices, declare that since they have adopted this habit, they feel better. Their skin is clearer and their immune system has increased.
- Some fruit and vegetable juices known for their healing qualities, can treat mild health problems. Such as e.g. dermatitis, indigestion, cough, runny nose.
- The soluble fibers of fruits and vegetables slow down the digestion in the stomach and gastrointestinal tract. Thus, they provide a stable flow of energy, during digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Carbohydrates, the main source of energy for your body are found in starchy foods. Also, in fruits and vegetables.
Juices with milk or yogurt (smoothies)
Delicious, creamy fruit juices with milk or yogurt are also known as smoothies. In addition to their wonderful taste, they are filling and nutritious. In fact, they can make an ideal, quick breakfast. Due to their easy and quick preparation.
Herbs and spices (e.g. cinnamon, ginger) can also be included in the preparation of a homemade smoothie. They’ve got multiple uses and the ability to improve the taste of the ingredients that accompany each mixture. Some beneficial ingredients, such as, volatile oils, tannins, glycosides and flavonoids, have many healing qualities that have been used by physicians and therapists for centuries.
Here are some great recipe ideas:
- Smoothie with almonds, banana and orange
The regular consumption of bananas and almonds helps to the proper function of intestine due to fibers. Oranges provide antioxidant and laxative effect, due to vitamin C. While yogurt helps to restore the natural intestinal flora.
2 ripe cut bananas
50g grated almonds
150ml fresh orange juice
1 table spoon honey
Grated nutmeg for garnish
Put all the ingredients into the blender and mix them until they become creamy. Serve garnished with nutmeg.
- Almond milk with lecithin, honey and cinnamon
The almonds, contain potassium phosphate, calcium and magnesium. Which are essential ingredients for a healthy nervous system. They help to increase concentration, improve memory and stress resistance. The lecithin, acts as an emulsifier and provides choline. Which is also beneficial for memory. The almond milk is ideal for vegetarian diets or for people with lactose intolerance.
100g peeled unsalted almonds
2 teaspoons of lecithin granules
Grated cinnamon for garnish
Put the almonds and water into the blender and mash them. Add lecithin and stir until dissolved. If you prefer, add a little honey to improve the taste. Serve in a tall glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Don’t forget to boost your energy with fluids, every day!